About the Creator of Clueless Mom's Newborn Baby Action Plan
My name is Sunette and like so many other woman I am a wife, mother and career woman. When my little angel was born in 2009, I started out quite brave, thinking I was prepared for becoming a mother. Then reality kicked in and I realized there was so much that I had to learn about caring for a newborn baby!
Feeding my Newborn Baby
I always believed I would be a good mother and I can honestly tell you that I think I really am, because I love my little angel dearly and I know she is happy and feels loved. That is, after all, what is most important.
However, many of our friends are also in the family-building business at the moment, and I couldn't help but notice that not everyone seems to have the same amount of natural sense and talent for being a mom. Some of us simply cruise through motherhood, and some of us... well, we need a little more help. Why?
Because we were all created differently and excell at different things, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!
For me becoming a mother, although a positive experience, was not easy. In terms of the things "everyone seems to know" I happened to be a little behind (and I must add here that my husband and I did attend antenatal classes - thank goodness for that!).
Cuddling with her very Handy Daddy
At first I thought it was simply that
difficult to care for a newborn baby. Then I attended post natal class, saw some of those "cruising mothers" and started feeling a little inferior. I continued going to the classes and an interesting thing happened. I started to see several cracks in many of the moms' "perfect" style, and I realized we all have a bit of a Clueless Mom in us. Some just more than others :)
Like I said, I have a lot of confidence in myself as a mother (most of the time) because the most important stuff is in place.
But you do still need to find a way to cope with the practical issues of motherhood, something that I had a whole lot to learn about!
And that is why I created this website. I am not qualified as a nurse or a baby care specialist or anything of the sort. But I am a mother who is not shy to admit my shortcomings, and I believe we should all help each other become better moms just like I was helped back on my feet.
Most of the material on my website comes directly from my own experiences. It's supposed to be the type of information you won't get on Wikipedia. But I do believe that we should do our best to make informed choices and therefore not disregard the good, reputable factual information sources out there, which I will also point out to you where relevant.
My Message to you if you feel like a Clueless Mom
By calling myself the ultimate Clueless Mom and starting this website, my message to other moms is simply the following:
- Nobody is perfect, and that's fine. Don't feel inferior because you battle with motherhood, it is not a reflection of your love and dedication.
- If you feel like a Clueless Mom (like I did and still do sometimes), remember that you are not alone. Many of us girls grew up focusing more on our future careers than bringing up our future kids, so we didn't gather as much knowledge along the way and naturally have to go through a bit of a mind shift once we become mothers. Nothing wrong with that, you should be proud of what you've accomplished in your life so far!
- There is no reason why you can't gain the "skill" of being a practical and comfortable mother. Just by thinking things through properly and trying to see the big picture you will already be more prepared.
- The sad thing about being a Clueless Mom and staying that way is that, in the end, the kids grow up and they are fine, but the mother never seems to get her life and confidence back. She still carries on and does everything that is necessary, but often at her own cost. Time and financial constraints often make this worse, but isn't that so much more reason for you to learn how to be a more efficient mother? And by that I mean less effort with more reward and time for yourself.
- Probably one of the most important things to try and remember is to keep your sense of humour, so don't be afraid to laugh a little (in a kind way) at yourself and your little blunders. And don't be a lonely mommy, do whatever is necessary to have regular contact with other moms so you can share the awesomeness and fun but also your fears, problems and solutions.
- Lastly, don't forget to open your heart and be there for other new moms when you've grown into a less-Clueless Mom!
Remember, if I could do it so can you!
I sincerely hope that you will find the Newborn Baby Action Plan useful and informative, and that it will help you enjoy your new baby even more.
Only 3 Days Old!
Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress due to my limited time, but that doesn't mean I am not totally passionate about this website!
Keep watching this space for updates...
From About the Author back to Newborn Baby Home Page